[haiku-bluetooth] Important change in Driver<->Server interface

  • From: Oliver Ruiz Dorantes <oliver.ruiz.dorantes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-bluetooth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 00:02:13 +0100

Hi List,

In the last week, due a more advanced implementation on how HCI commands are
created, I checked the possibility to start using the size value given by
the ioctl's(control hook on drivers). On R5 the value was always 0,
therefore I was forced to pass in the first 4 bytes of the buffer, its size.

This ioctl's feature works as expected in Haiku, therefore as this new
mechanism for bluetooth commands asumes this fact, the R5 behaviour,
although present in code has been dropped in r29639. Check inclusion for
define BT_IOCTLS_PASS_SIZE.

With the new mechanism memory leaks allocating commands are solved, as they
are meant to be allocated in stack, and dropping this R5 legacy, we are
using 4 less bytes of memory per command (considerable as many bluetooth
commands are just 3 bytes).

Bla bla bla, sumarizing the important part:

*** After this revision, be sure you recompiled and are using an updated
version of al least: h2generic, bluetooth kit and bluetooth_server. As this
change solved many issues but broke many compatibilities ***

For the ones who test often, there are some strings more on the LocalDevice
panel information (preferences), there you will be able to check your
dongle's bluetooth version, and the company who maufactured.

uff i think it took 12 hours today, maybe some sponsor in the blog is
interesting for you today ?

http://urnenfeld.blogspot.com

Best Regards!
--