[haiku-appserver] Re: weird R5 behaviour with regards to follow mode

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:23:43 +0200 CEST

Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Any comments (should B_FOLLOW_NONE make sure a view stays fixed in
> window
> space)?

Since it doesn't even work consistently, I would just consider it a bug
as well, and give B_FOLLOW_NONE the same meaning as B_FOLLOW_LEFT |
B_FOLLOW_TOP - ie. keep what we have right now.

Quoting the BeBook:
        "B_FOLLOW_NONE behaves just like B_FOLLOW_LEFT|B_FOLLOW_TOP;
        the view maintains the same position in its parent's coordinate
system, but
        not in the screen coordinate system"

Looks clearly like a bug that we don't have to copy :-)