[haiku-appserver] Re: user needs to know about the clipping region?

  • From: "Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 22:16:51 +0100 CET

Hi guys,

Me one more time :)

About those cursor overlays in hardware. I just learned something from
your discussion (I should have thought of that before..): a nice
alternate use of modern cursor overlay hardware could be what you want
to do.
GeForce cards support a RGB16 or RGB32 bitmap of size 32x32 or size
64x64.
I guess maybe we should use them after all for the cursor: and combine
it with the item to be dragged. Of course, you could only do your
cursor-postition related bitmap dragging for a max of 64x64 pixels...

Anyway: driver interface does not need to be changed much for this. But
still, you need backup as older hardware can only do 4-color cursor
bitmaps. Which I still think we should use as well ;-)

I can get the actual cursor up and running in no time :)