[haiku-appserver] Re: user needs to know about the clipping region?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 19:44:28 +0100 CET

Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>       Now, if one plays a movie and the overlays are reserved we must
> have a
> fail-safe solution when dragging something. So we still have to
> implement transparency by software, I just wanted to point a simpler
> approach when possible.

1) we need a fail safe implementation anyway, for drivers that do not
export that *optional* functionality.
2) AFAICT overlays are not transparent - as the same suggest, they lie
over the other content of the graphics card - and the area they occupy
is usually specified by color and not some black magic (like a
rectangular area :-))

Bye,
   Axel.