[haiku-appserver] update code.

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 23:33:20 +0300

Hi guys,

        I tweaked, or at least I think I did, the app_server's update code to
update only what's needed, so correct results should appear on-screen.
        Now, this appears to function well, but I need something from
DisplayDriver to work perfectly.
        I need DisplayDriver subclasses to implement ConstainClippingRegion()
and _completely_ ignore LayerData::clipReg.
        ConstainClippingRegion() should function like BView's version, with a
minor difference - passing an empty region should be handled exactly
like when passing NULL.

        Now, about CopyRegionList() I will explain this tomorrow as I'm pretty
tired. I can give you a hint, it's _really_useful when resizing a window
with lots of views(aligned to center or right) inside it. BTW, this is
one area where our app_server does better that R5's one, as that
completely redraws center or right aligned views (tested that). It can
do better if that method would be optimized, as there is _plenty_ of
room to do that. :-)

b-bye for now,