[haiku-appserver] Re: speed test

  • From: "DarkWyrm" <bpmagic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 09:21:24 -0500 EST

>   * we're using a very slow drawing mechanism - ViewDriver
This has a serious influence on our speed. I can remember doing some
tests quite some time ago about differences between it and the now-
deprecated ScreenDriver and the difference was enormous. That would be
part of the reason why I haven't been *too* concerned about speed so
far. Now, I will be attempting to fix the DirectDriver so that this
won't be a problem, but I won't guarantee that I'll be successful in
getting it going any time soon.

>       Now, I know it's not the time for performance talks. I just wanted
> you
> to present my findings so that we know which parts to be careful
> about.
Thanks for the numbers :)

--DW