[haiku-appserver] Re: some help please

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 23:53:59 +0300

Hi Stephan,

Stephan Aßmus wrote:
Hi Adi,

What happens is, as you can see in Screen1.tga, 'this' pointer is NULL.
'this' should've pointed to "RootLayer 1". This is VERY strange as, in
the previous call, Layer::move_layer(), 'fParent' is valid!

If fParent is valid in the previous function.... hm. Either there is a concurrency problem (the layer pointer is set to NULL from another thread, is this possible and therefor protected by a lock?), or memory is trashed somewhere, maybe by the BRegion stuff?

Oh, I forgot to say I checked that already. I used the debugger to set 2 watchpoints(one for each WinBorder:::fParent) and each fParent is written only once.

I don't know what else to try... I think I'll be compiling with some previous revisions, until I find out what the hell is going on. :-)

I have no clue actually and no time to investigate myself. Sorry that I'm not much of any help. Hope you find the cause.

Life is busy, I know! :-) I hope too... I must! :-D

bye now,