[haiku-appserver] Re: some help please

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 21:50:12 +0200

Hi Adi,

> What happens is, as you can see in Screen1.tga, 'this' pointer is NULL.
> 'this' should've pointed to "RootLayer 1". This is VERY strange as, in
> the previous call, Layer::move_layer(), 'fParent' is valid!

If fParent is valid in the previous function.... hm. Either there is a
concurrency problem (the layer pointer is set to NULL from another thread,
is this possible and therefor protected by a lock?), or memory is trashed
somewhere, maybe by the BRegion stuff?

I have no clue actually and no time to investigate myself. Sorry that I'm
not much of any help. Hope you find the cause.

Best regards,
-Stephan