[haiku-appserver] Re: some help please

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 13:17:13 +0300

Hi Ingo,

Ingo Weinhold wrote:
I haven't tried yet, but getting different behavior when compiling with and without optimization is often a sign of using uninitialized variables/memory. In my experience when running an executable compiled with debugging, uninitialized stuff is often zero'd out, while it may contain arbitrary values otherwise.

That's good to know. :-)

Anyway, I'll try to reproduce your problem now, although I won't promise anything, since I had a couple White Russians this evening ("election party" :-).

Thanks! I hope Deutschland gets the chancellor you want most! (The lady? :-D)

PS: Please use Oliver's gcc.

OK, I will. It's installed on my system and I won't get it down unless a new version appears. :)

Even if you personally haven't had problems with the GG version, there are proven examples where things go wrong. IIRC it doesn't compile the kernel utils unit tests.

I didn't know. When I compiled the whole tree (months back) I had no problem with GG's compiler.

Though that's a relatively harmless problem. There are cases where optimization > -O1 simply produces incorrect code.

OK, I'll be using Oliver's compiler from now on.

Thanks,
Adi.