[haiku-appserver] scrolling

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:07:36 +0200 CEST

Hi,

scrolling is somewhat functional already. These are the current
problems:

1) child views need to be moved along
2) clipping needs to be updated
3) scrolling needs to be synced with redraws

About 1): It looks like some of the "moving along" takes already place.
The drawing of the child views is actually at the correct place. Maybe
it even works already once the clipping is updated.

About 2): I still only feel comfortable with the drawing backend. So
any help here is appreciated. I want to trigger rebuilding of clipping
regions for the scrolling layer and all child layers.

About 3): This is an interesting fact. Scrolling will move parts of a
view into visibility. For these parts, update requests are triggered.
The next scrolling needs to
a) wait for all redraws to have happened or
b) exclude the "yet to be updated" regions from the CopyBits()
operation.
The second option is probably the one we should pick. The "region in
update" is saved somewhere, no? Which one is it?