[haiku-appserver] profiling / acc / ROPs

  • From: "Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 11:24:17 +0100 CET

Hi Stephan,

I will be deviating a bit from the subject maybe, but I just have to
ask this:
I noticed your latest commit comments, and you mentioned  B_OP_COPY
there as well.

Please, help me out here:
->Where can I find this define?
->is it a standard BeOS (R5/Dano) define?
->Please give me a list of all options?
->Also note the values they correspond to?

And:
->Exactly for what are you using this? For filling rectangles? Or other
/more things?

I am asking this because I am suspecting something interesting here: If
I am correct the drivers could accelerate this for you, but only if we
extend the interface a bit:
Currently these are used in the drivers:
->blit, rect_fill and fill_span: GXcopy (0xcc)
->invert_rect: GXinvert (0x55)

If you are having the same values then (with an update especially for
Haiku) we could relay them to the driver if you call these hooks. You
can choose from a 'pallette' of 16 of them if I recall correctly.
Actually, while we use 'fixed' ROP's (Raster OPerations), Linux XFree
drivers indeed let the system/apps set the ROP...

---

OK, that's it. I might be very much off, but I just got to know :-)

Bye!

Rudolf.