[haiku-appserver] profiling

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:34:26 +0100 CET

Hi all,

could someone point me to some good guide(s) on profiling under BeOS? I
have now tried several things on my list of accelerating Painter, none
of them gave great improvement. I would like to know where exactly the
bottlenecks are, but I have never really done much of this "real"
profiling stuff before.
Painter is now implementing all drawing_modes and the pattern drawing
correctly, but it is much slower compared to BView. For random or
horizontal/vertical lines of 1 pixel width in B_OP_COPY / B_SOLID_HIGH
mode: 10x without anti-aliasing, 39x with anti-aliasing. I'll keep at
it...

Best regards,
-Stephan