[haiku-appserver] Re: private development

  • From: Stefano Ceccherini <burton666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 30 Mar 2005 08:33:35 -0000

Hi,

>       :-)) "Unless BDirectWindow is notified somehow." >Forgot to add that.
> :-)
>       As I was suspecting, and you have confirmed, this is >done by a
> semaphore.

Yeah.
>       When I said "I will study that" I was referring to >exactly that:
> having a look at what you did. :-)

Okay sorry I had misunderstood :)

>       Aha, I got it, it only locks when the server clipping >region changes
> so that its "internal" one can be in sync.

Exactly.
I just added a test application for BDirectWindow in the tree at
../src/tests/kits/game/direct_window_info_test. There was already one but it
needed to write to the frame buffer. This one just prints some info to stdout
so it should be much easier to make it work on haiku.
For who is interested, try to run it from the terminal and
try moving/resizing the window.
Bye!

Stefano Ceccherini aka Jack Burton
Scegli il tuo dominio preferito e attiva la tua email! Da oggi
l'eMail di superEva e' ancora piu' veloce e ricca di funzioni!
http://webmail.supereva.it/new/