[haiku-appserver] Re: private development

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:47:32 +0300

Hi Stefano,

Stefano Ceccherini wrote:
>>I didn't take care of that because I didn't need the clipping >region on
>>client side. :-)
>
> Hmmm okay but I thought ServerWindow could know its clipping region without
> these "hacks".

        ServerWindow-WinBorder is exactly like BWindow-BView. One has to deal
with
the communication the other with the graphics. The clipping region is not a
ServerWindow's attribute, but a WinBorder's (Layer's too, as WinBorder is a
subclass)
one. Sending the clipping region to the client side is really easy, the problem
is that
in the mean time it may change and because BDirectWindow does clipping by it's
own,
it is very much possible it would draw bogus.
        This is how I see things. I don't know how this is implemented on R5
and I will
study that, but I think just before BDirectWindow starts to draw it should
acquire a
semaphore that is internal to app_server and use the clipping region app_server
holds
for this window (should be shared through a memory area).