[haiku-appserver] Re: private development

  • From: "DarkWyrm" <bpmagic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 06:44:40 -0500 EST

> this wouldn't the optimal solution. The problem with this is, I'm
> switching between different projects all the time, or I have to work.
> The last time I worked on Painter was already over a month ago. While
> sending a BeIDE project file might be nice for the moment, it doesn't
> tell me what you have been working on in the meantime, when I find
> the
> time again to work on app_server. Doing an svn update is a straight
> forward thing, it should give me all the current sources from
> everybody. But the BeIDE project file you send me a month ago won't
> get
> updated. And in the case of the ones you already send, they seem to
> be
> broken for me now, so that's exactly the problem. It it is just a
> hinderance for me to get back up to speed with what was happening.
> Maybe you should really look into running Ingos StatServer, along
> with
> the current version of jam, and see how that speeds up your jam
> build.
> I have attached the two, because I don't actually know where to get
> the
> StatServer. (Hm, I don't know if I've got the newest versions... but
> anyways.) Just run StatCacheServer in your UserBootScript.
Good point. I also switch between projects, so I can sympathize with
that. To be perfectly honest, Adi's been the only one writing any
significant amount of code. :( Generally, though, the only changes are
changes to the files themselves and not adding any - most of the
classes that we'll need are already there.

I forgot about Ingo's StatCacheServer and I've used it. It must have
disappeared when I was playing with UserBootscript files while working
on the install script for the SVN package. Even so, there is just more
work involved when working from the command line, which is why I prefer
IDEs, but I will try to not impose that preference on anyone else.
There are lazy programmers and then there are lazy programmers. :)

--DW