[haiku-appserver] Re: primitive drawing, bitmap issue

  • From: "DarkWyrm" <bpmagic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 18:06:43 -0400 EDT

>       Hmmm... how do you Americans have your school model?
> In Romania it goes like this:
> school and high school (classes between 1-8 9-12):
>       - 1 sept - 24 dec -> 3 weeks vacation.
>       - 15 jan - XX apr -> 2-3 weeks vacation.
>       - XX+14 apr - 15 june -> 2 and 1/2 months vacation
>
> faculty:
>       - 1 oct - 24dec -> 2 weeks vacation.
>       - 4-5 feb - 2X feb -> one week vacation.
>       - 2X feb - 30(max) june -> 3 months vacation.
In the US, it depends on the school. Some schools go all year. Most,
however, start somewhere around the last week of August and go through
some time just before Christmas. Thanksgiving is a national holiday
around the third Thursday of November, and we normally get Wednesday
and Friday off. Generally we get about 2 weeks off for Christmas/New
Years. Schools then run from Christmas Break through the first week of
June, taking a week or so off either before or after Easter. Through
out the year there are isolated 3-day weekends. Summer break generally
runs the second week of June through the third week of August. Of
course, teachers start preparing for the first day the entire week
before school starts.

> BTW, we should invite Rudolf on this list. Should I point him this
> list
> or you could add him?
> Then again, I have 3 email addresses of him... I think we should
> invite
> him. I'll do that now.
ok. :)

--DW