[haiku-appserver] Re: partly paiting

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 17:20:08 +0300

Hi,

Stephan Aßmus wrote:
   Hi,

   First, I'm sorry I forgot checkin in Window.cpp.
   I have experienced this behavior myself, and the problem is, I don't
remember not having the code I committed in Window.cpp active.
   If I'm not mistaken, this started happening after a couple checkins
from Stefano. I'm not sure I remember correctly, Stefano please excuse me
if I'm wrong.

   Stephan, if you can't reproduce this anymore, and the checkin I make for
Window.cpp solved this problem, then Stefano, please accept thousand of
apologies from me.

No, _your_ checkin (removal of my code for B_VIEW_RESIZED) is the problem. :-)

Boy oh boy, I must be out of my mind!! I really don't know what was I thinking! Because I worked simultaneously on improving the input code and new clipping code, I simply confused that code, being related to input code when in fact is related to the new clipping code.

        Sorry about that, apologies.

        Someone can change Window.cpp back quickly? If not, I will do so in
about 3-4 hours.

The problem that my code solved, was that B_VIEW_RESIZED was not sent for all views that needed it. The way I solved this was to send a single message which contained the tokens from all effected views. The comment you removed explained where this was done in Layer.cpp and what the potential problems were.

About this... Should we proceed like this, or should we send an individual message for each view? To be compatible with R5, ::CurrentMessage() should return correct values for any view, don't you think?

   BTW, when I resize Playground window some views do not redraw correctly,
and I'm quite surprised nobody said anything until now... Am I the only one
who experiences this behavior?

This behaviour only happens after your checkin for Window.cpp. So I did notice, that's why I wrote the initial email. :-)

:-D Now I understand. :-) Most of the times when deactivating the new clipping code I would forgot to do so in Window.cpp.