[haiku-appserver] Re: partly paiting

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 13:10:37 +0200 CEST

Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Sure why not - as long as you are around when I fail to understand
> > the
> > new build system... (or have you already written up its
> > documentation?
> > 8-))
> Documentation? You must mean the build system sources... sure, those
> are
> included. ;-)

I remember you were keen to write a good documentation for the new
build system - a long time ago, even before you gathered the powers to
actually work on it :-)

> > I'll start digging into the app_server tomorrow, so it's probably a
> > good timing, anyway.
> Things turned out to be less straight forward than expected. I've got
> the
> app server test environment building and running, but I'll rather
> have a
> second look into it tomorrow.

Okay, good for me then :-)
What seems to confuse the hell out of BeOS is to have our libbe.so in a
lib directory that is actually used. For example, when I run our
Tracker linked against libopenbeos.so, BeOS prints out some random
linker errors - even though Tracker (and none of the libraries it's
using, AFAICT) doesn't link against libbe.so, those errors go away as
soon as I removed it from the build directory...