[haiku-appserver] Re: partly paiting

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:15:00 +0300

Hi Axel,

Sorry to write so late... been busy.

        Oh, not to forget, thanks for testing under Haiku the changes I
did in the input server! Unfortunately Haiku does not boot under my
system. At least it didn't a couple weeks ago. It might be because
I formated its partition with R5's BFS. I'll try again those days. I
understood BFS and OpenBFS are completely compatible right now.

Axel Dörfler wrote:
Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'll probably start messing with that code in the next week, and there will probably be massive changes, too - I hope you don't feel like I am stepping on your toes too much.
That's OK. I have no problems. Help is good.
All I would want, is that you talk to us before you make big changes, if possible.

Well, I want to follow the plans as outlined earlier in this list. If there is any further need for discussion, please shout. Also, if I deviate from those plans, I'll tell before as well.

Let me remember...

        You are going to take care of multiple monitor issue along with
mapping VirtualScreens to Workspaces?
        RootLayer locking through MultiLocker, maybe?

        What else?

        I found a problem in the way we scroll views. ATM, we scroll views
by modifying a view's origin. I think this is not correct. We should change
the bounds rectangle only, and not touch the view's origin. (Also, modifying
a view origin, will modify a view's bounds rectangle accordingly, otherwise,
there would an "autoscroll" action why I don't think we want.)

Have an idea. How about I activate the new clipping code and delete the old one? It would be easier for you to make your changes, I guess...
The new clipping code is functional. not 100% ready but, preliminary tests show it could take over the old one.

Sure, that would be nice.

OK then. Also, I will try to make the changes I spoke about 2 weeks ago: MarkDirty(reg);, MarkDirty(reg); MarkDirty(reg); ... TriggerRedraw(rebuild=true); (false - just redraw. no visible reg recalculation)

b-bye now,
Adi.