[haiku-appserver] Re: partly paiting

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:40:56 +0300

Stephan Aßmus wrote:

Hi,

after I updated my SVN rep and cleaned up some code here and there... when I first booted into Haiku again, many views didn't paint correctly. For example, menus only paint the first item when the open, the others are painted when they are highlighted "on mouse over". Just to be sure, I reverted my changes, but the problem persists. Is anybody else seeing this? If so, has anybody some clue which change caused this? It should be a change from after last Sunday.

Hi,

   First, I'm sorry I forgot checkin in Window.cpp.
   I have experienced this behavior myself, and the problem is, I don't
remember not having the code I committed in Window.cpp active.
   If I'm not mistaken, this started happening after a couple checkins
from Stefano. I'm not sure I remember correctly, Stefano please excuse me
if I'm wrong.

   Stephan, if you can't reproduce this anymore, and the checkin I make for
Window.cpp solved this problem, then Stefano, please accept thousand of
apologies from me.

BTW, when I resize Playground window some views do not redraw correctly, and I'm quite surprised nobody said anything until now... Am I the only one who experiences this behavior?

I am now working to solve some issues with the new clipping code. I have quite an annoying bug, and it seams it takes a lot more time than expected. Also, I will shortly update the way we mark regions invalid, RootLayer::fRedrawReg will be made private and I will introduce ::MarkDirty() + ::TriggerRedraw() to simplify the code. I started refactoring the input code, and I will continue to do that in quite a few places. It's a lot easier now that we have the almost final architecture in place. :-)

bye, Adi.