[haiku-appserver] Re: partly paiting

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:16:53 +0300

Axel Dörfler wrote:

Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 You may never know what the user wants to do. What it matters is
that we have a bug and it should be fixed.

It's not really a bug - it's a deviation from standard behaviour that should just be documented. I cannot imagine anyone wanting to use DetachCurrentMessage() in that case, anyway.

:-) I simply do not agree. Any succession of instructions that crash the application seems like a P1 to me.

There are always ways to let an application crash - how about a note like this in the Haiku-Book:
"Calling DetachCurrentMessage() from FrameResized() and FrameMoved() is deprecated and is likely not to work anymore in future releases."

It's not enough for me! I cannot accept an application to crash from a seg fault which originates into Haiku API.

bye,
Adi.