[haiku-appserver] Re: partly paiting

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 19:54:31 +0300

Ola, again!

Axel Dörfler wrote:
Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for the update. I intend to continue working on the app_server in the not so distant future, so it would be nice if you have it in a state I can understand 8-)

Sure. Lately I took a different approach in writing code. It seams
you guys (especially Ingo, Stephan) were right: write simple, readable code, leave
optimizations at the end. This makes code a lot easier to understand. Also,
as I said, it is much easier now that all the aspects of the server have been
touched.

Uhh, you have finally managed to leave the dark side :-)

Yup! :-)

Hope you like the new input handling code. :-) More code to be cleared
soon. :-D

I'll probably start messing with that code in the next week, and there will probably be massive changes, too - I hope you don't feel like I am stepping on your toes too much.

That's OK. I have no problems. Help is good.
All I would want, is that you talk to us before you make big changes, if possible.

Have an idea. How about I activate the new clipping code and delete the old one? It would be easier for you to make your changes, I guess...
The new clipping code is functional. not 100% ready but, preliminary tests show it could take over the old one.

And I hope you will like what I do, too :-)

Hope so. If I don't, you'll hear about it. :-P :-)