[haiku-appserver] Re: partly paiting

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 19:36:43 +0300

Hi Axel,

Axel Dörfler wrote:
Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/17/05, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I agree sending one message only. Let's stay with this solution and
see if all works OK. I just am afraid of ::DetachCurrentMessage()
because, if this method is called from ::FrameMoved/Resized() the
user will be dumped into debugger with a seg fault; more checking is
required for "case B_VIEW_RESIZED/MOVED:"

I don't think you have to, as I don't think there is any point in using
this method from these methods - and if you really think otherwise, we
could still emulate the single message approach, as Stephan proposed.
I don't think it's used that often anyway in any function that deals
with BView messages.

You may never know what the user wants to do. What it matters is that we have a bug and it should be fixed.

It's not really a bug - it's a deviation from standard behaviour that should just be documented. I cannot imagine anyone wanting to use DetachCurrentMessage() in that case, anyway.

:-) I simply do not agree. Any succession of instructions that crash the application seems like a P1 to me.

But even if, we could still have some code like:
current = CurrentMessage();
FrameResized();
if (current != CurrentMessage())
        /* do whatever is appropriate */

I fixed this already. :-D Yesterday, I think.

  How are you going to emulate a single message? ::CurrentMessage()
would return the original message anyway.

And we can't change this, having the source and all?

Ah... right... friends...

bye, Adi.