[haiku-appserver] Re: [openbeos] Re: Launching the input_server from the app_server...

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 14:15:46 -0800 (PST)

Axel Dörfler wrote:

> That's a bit strange: the input port, and the cursor semaphore are
> both
> owned by the input_server - if that server is gone, both objects will
> be deleted automatically, and both threads in the app_server will
> notice that.

It works fine now. I guess the problem yesterday was a fluke. I blame
QEMU. On another note I am getting this on the console output when
quitting the input_server:

41: DEBUGGER: You can't call delete on a BLooper object once it is
running.
*** GUI server died: thread 41, /boot/beos/system/servers/input_server:
Debugger call: `You can't call delete on a BLooper object once it is
running.'
*** GUI server died: thread 41, /boot/beos/system/servers/input_server:
After syscall

This seems like something that should be fixed. Of course how often is
the input_server quit, hehe. But I figure I better document the above
somewhere.

I'll clean up my code, do a bit more testing and get it committed soon.

Regards,
Ryan