[haiku-appserver] Re: new drawing bug

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 01:57:30 +0100

Hi Axel,

> one of the recent commits has obviously broken line drawing.
> Have a look at the picture:
> http://www.pinc-software.de/images/new_app_server_bug.png
>
> That didn't happen yesterday, so it's pretty fresh.

IIRC, BMenuField, specifically the custom BMenuBar it uses, uses
PushState() which would make for three states on the stack during drawing.
I don't think it is used anywhere else in the controls drawing code. This
problem might be related to DrawStates and my fix for "origin" yesterday. I
don't know when I have time to look into this myself, so feel free to do
it. BTW, yesterday I tried to separate DrawState::fOrigin from scrolling
the bounds rectangle (reenabling and using Layer::fBoundsLeftTop). It
didn't work the way I intended so I simply gave up for now. But sometimes
soon, we need to figure out this whole origin + scale versus scrolling
offset business. I would like to test some more under R5. For example, does
BView::SetOrigin() and SetScale() have any effect on mouse coords? And how
exactly is Bounds() affected. I simply never tried that.