[haiku-appserver] Re: (new clipping code) breakthrough and t

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 15:06:38 +0200 CEST

Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We are using it, but it's OK until we connect it to the server, after
> that
> it's not safe anymore, it's data may be old because it will not be
> updated correctly.

How come it used to work before? (or didn't it, and we just didn't
notice?)

BView::Bounds() is often used, and so it would really be nice if we
could use a cached value.
Couldn't we just introduce another message that the server sends in
case of an update? One that is only forwarded to the frame events if
that flag is set?
Or just a broadcast a message to all views of that window to invalidate
their cached data?