[haiku-appserver] Re: (new) Haiku coder?

  • From: "DarkWyrm" <darkwyrm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 19:43:04 -0400 EDT

>       Great seeing/talking to you again!
>
>       I haven't looked for a part to work on... Is app_server/libbe.so
> ready?
> :) Any other part that needs semi-urgent attention?
>
>       And if it's not much to (ask for)/write... :) yes, I would like an
> update on what has happened. I only read news on OSNews and from
> Haiku's
> homepage.
>       I'll subscribe to haiku-commits right now.
A lot since when you left. While I haven't personally tested it out,
USB works for mice and keyboards and from what I can tell networking is
broken but under heavy development. The app_server is pretty stable --
not perfect, but it's getting there. Overall, Haiku has issues and you
can easily find stuff just by trying to do day-to-day stuff in it, but
it is worlds apart from what it was, say, at WalterCon 2005. A *lot* of
stuff works very nicely and even more stuff has just minor bugs in the
works. AFAICT, the main thing that needs done is to work on squishing
bugs in the bug tracker. I've been working on doing some of that as
I've had time and the expertise.

>       Axel, could you add me as a Haiku developer on BerliOS?
> Username: adioanca
I took the liberty to add you to save him a little bit of time. You're
all set to start breaking^H^H^H^H^H fixing things. :D

--DW