[haiku-appserver] nVidia driver card coldstart capability

  • From: "Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 14:41:52 GMT

 Hi,

Just a short message to let you know that the haiku nvidia driver now
supports card coldstarts on pre-NV10 cards with 'pins' info struct V2.

This means that probably (hopefully) all TNT2 (NV05/NV06) cards should
work as secondary card in your system. I tested my Elsa Erazor III TNT2
(AGP, 32Mb) successfully.

All functions are operational, I only have to fix a CRTC memory fetch
error appearing in higher res modes (bandwidth trouble, distortions on
screen).

Over here 640x480 works in all depths, 800x600 in 8, 15 and 16 bit,
1024x768, 1152x864 and 1280x1024 in 8 bit depth. Modes beyond that will
still work, but you will see distortions on screen.

I will try to correct for this problem ASAP: I suspect FIFO watermark
programming (lacking thereof) is the source of the problem.

------

I am notifying you because I was asked for this support (DW ;-), I
suppose it could be handy for app_server testing on real drivers.
Note please that the haiku matrox driver already supports coldstarting
for all G100-G550 cards outthere (some rare cards discluded).

If anyone is going to try this on a nVidia card, let me know what
happens! Feedback is of course welcome.

Hope this info is usefull.

Best regards,

Rudolf.