[haiku-appserver] invalidation again

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:58:40 +0200 CEST

Hi,

I was trying to make BView::Invalidate() work. I'm giving up, because I
don't understand the code. I have an idea what the problem is, but I
have no idea where to fix it. The triggering of update requests works
for moving windows arround. So I thought it must be simple to make
BView::Invalidate() work. However, there is no one central mechanism,
while it should be the same thing. Instead, there is horrible
commenting, bad naming of member variables and functions. A ton of
similar functions that seem to be ment for the same thing. Refactoring
is desperately needed. A little commenting about the *structure* of the
code and the interacting parts would help too.

Adi, if you find some time, it would be really nice if you could make
BView::Invalidate() work. I would do it, but I'm just clueless.

Since this is an open source project, we all benefit from people
digging in and trying to help. So code should be written with that in
mind.