[haiku-appserver] input code - RootLayer

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:51:20 +0200

Hi guys,

        I haven't looked at app_server code in a long time, and I'm speaking
from memory here. If I'm wrong feel free to correct me.

        We have spoken about invalidating (visible region calculation) only
from one thread only - the poller thread. I will change that in the next
days.

        We also spoken (me and DW long time ago), and designed app_server
architecture in such a way, about multiple user support at the same time
and/or across network. Although none of these will be available in R1, I
think things should in conformance with the design.
        So, we decided RootLayer class for being the one responsible for
showing the "Desktop" image - the image drawn on screen. Since we can
have 2 users with 2 keyboards 2 mices and 2 monitors OR a working user
and 2 working across network, I think RootLayer should also handle the
input corespondent for each user. Currently the input code is part of
Desktop class and this class has only one instance compared to RootLayer
can have multiple instances.

        I'm telling you this, as I am preparing to integrate the new window
manager I have written. Please reply quickly if you have something to
say as I want to start making these changes from tomorrow.

Thanks,