[haiku-appserver] Re: getting a clone of the current Accelerant

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 01:16:50 +0100

On 2005-12-02 at 00:32:39 [+0100], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Ah, so what about changing the app_server test environment to use
> > > the
> > > same tactics you wanted to implement for your clipping test app?
> > > This would benefit the whole app_server testing.
> > The plan was to implement this in a way to use it there too. I think
> > we
> > would need only a "ClonedAccelerantHWInterface" and a BDirectWindow
> > that
> > handles some additional stuff.
>
> Sounds good :-)

I hope it's doable. But since the ATI driver works with BWindowScreen, I
suppose it's accelerant is clonable in general. I just need to narrow down
that crash in "harness" and go from there. Since I worked out scrolling
too, I'm tempted though to start with integration. At least in a branch.
Gives me a chance to learn that part of svn too.

> > > Sure, I guess that's best done over IRC. When do you have the time
> > > do this?
> > > I don't know if I find enough time today - I have some right now,
> > > but I
> > > don't know long that will last... (having to eat and all :-))
> > > In any case, I could hang out in #haiku if I find the time.
> > Ok I'm there too, just mention my nick. :-)
>
> Apparently, that didn't work out - do you find the time tomorrow during
> the day?
> In any case, I'll be there :-)

Yes, I hope so. (I needed to reboot to Windows around ten. Hanna and I
discovered, how helpful Skype really is... :-) Have you read a bit over the
code yet?