[haiku-appserver] Re: getting a clone of the current Accelerant

  • From: "Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 23:25:01 +0100 CET

Hi there,

> Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > turns out harness isn't doing anything more useful than our
> > AccelerantHWInterface already does (except that the code is ugly).
> > had
> > hoped it would show me how to clone an accelerant. Cloning it is
> > required,
> > no? Rudolf, can you help? How would cloning an accelerant work?
>
> BWindowScreen does this, have a look at BWindowScreen::InitClone() in
> our repository.

Indeed.  BTW I myself also did that for the nVidia 3D attempts.
Although my code is a mess :-)

BTW: I am running the test_harness here as well these days, playing
around with a video media consumer node kevin once wrote.
If you want to work with the harness be adviced that Thomas rewrote/
enhanced the test_harness (I guess overlay support in there now as
well) as he used/uses it a lot for his ATI driver dev. He mailed it
once, but I'd have to try to locate it in my 'archives'.

I too found that it's no problem to run two primary accellerants at one
time, instead of using one primary and one clone. Apparantly.
Testing with nVidia and Matrox cards here BTW.

On a sidenode testing with harness  enabled me to run quake2 perfectly
on a secondary card: so on another card than the Be desktop was on.
Although that desktop was distorted (of course) since setmode commands
issued by Q2 were done primary.

OK, back to listen mode again. Probably I don't have much to say anyway
:-)

Bye!