[haiku-appserver] Re: getting a clone of the current Accelerant

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 12:27:42 +0100 CET

Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> One thing that I'm still wondering about... now that I would use
> BDirectWindow under R5 myself, directly banging the HW but still
> honoring
> the clipping - how is this supposed to work with the asynchronous
> nature of
> client server communication? Is the app_server supposed to wait for
> an
> acknowledgement from all currently showing BDirectWindows before
> enforcing
> a new clipping state for _all_ windows? As long as clients have the
> app_server draw, this is no problem, but when they directly access
> the
> framebuffer themselves? How is the clipping synchronized? Any
> insights?

When the clipping region changes for a BDirectWindow, the app_server
will notify the client, and wait until it has adopted the new clipping
region.
Have a look where Stefano has inserted the
ServerWindow::HandleDirectConnection() stuff, that should sure help.
BTW I'm in #haiku in case you're ready :-)