[haiku-appserver] Re: getting a clone of the current Accelerant

  • From: mmlr@xxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 10:51:36 +0100 (CET)

> Cloning it is required, no?

I'm actually not sure if you need to clone it at all. At least with the
ATI driver you can just use the accelerant twice. If you
compile and run the SlimDemo (./graphics/SlimDemo) you should get a
black and white screen but the app_server will still be running and
switching to a workspace with a different resolution (or the
ctrl-shift-option-command-whatever f12 thing) will bring your desktop
back.
If it's not possible to use the accelerant directly, you should be able
to build something from the SlimDemo.
I don't remember how exactly, but I had the first accelerated Haiku
window right under R5 with the app_server still running. It either used
SlimDemo as basis or the AccelerantHWInterface directly.

Regards
Michael