[haiku-appserver] Re: for BeGeistert.

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 16:45:11 +0300

Stefano Ceccherini wrote:

>>What's funny is that SetEventMask actually behaves like >SetMouseEventMask.
>>:-D, so setting B_POINTER_EVENTS will give what R5's >SetMouseEventMask
>>does. :-)
>

> Well, actually, SetEventMask() and SetMouseEventMask() are supposed to behave
> the same.
> The only difference, as stated in the BeBook, is that the event mask you set
> with
 > SetMouseEventMask() (usually in the MouseDown() hook) lasts till the
 > MouseUp() hook is called,
 > while SetEventMask() lasts till you set another mask.
>
> But maybe I got it wrong and you already knew this, in that case, just don't
> give any attention to what I just wrote :)

        :-)) You may laugh.
        But, that's exactly what happens. :-) If you do
BView::SetEventMask(B_POINTER_EVENTS, 0), you actually
get what SetMouseEventMask() does in MouseDown(). :-)

        This is because I tested how R5 behaves only after I did the
implementation,
and I was under the impression that SetEventMask(B_POINTER_EVENTS) must do what
SetMouseEventMask() does. :-P (You all know that I programmed BeOS _very_
little :) )

bye,
Adi.