[haiku-appserver] Re: drawing thread

  • From: "Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 20:19:22 +0200 CEST

BTW,

I got an update about that GART/aperture stuff I didn't think of
before, but it's only logical:
->probably the scattered bitmaps/data must have the 'same', 'continues'
destination: so this does not appy for onscreen stuff, only offscreen
stuff where you can manage location of bitmaps/data yourself (3D).

Thinking about this in combination with the stability issue, makes it
more plausible that it's better not to use this for 'simple' 2D, just
for 3D. As is normally the case. I would think we'd better not deviate
too much from 'established' stuff to prevent us hitting a brick wall at
some point.