[haiku-appserver] Re: drawing thread

  • From: "Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:09:48 +0200 CEST

Hi again :)

>       Exactly.
---
>       Yup, we know about that. And that's how it's gonna stay. We can
> only
> give that window the region into which it can draw, nothing more. If
> it
> draws outside that region it means the app needs debugging/
> corrections. :-))
---
>       Nope. app_server, at lest, can't.
---
>       As I said, app_server can't do something about this. If you ask me,
> this can only be (IF it can) solved at driver level.

Thanks for informing me. Learning all the time :-)
I could think of one option, which I don't like (performance penalties
will probably be one (or more?) big downside somehow), and that is
mapping pieces of the framebuffer for each and every bitmap seperately
via the kerneldriver. Which probably still not helps for DirectWindow.

This I am not going to setup any time soon :)

Anyhow: it's good to have an overall picture of the options at hand!

Bye,

Rudolf.