[haiku-appserver] Re: drawing thread

  • From: Gabe Yoder <gyoder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:27:08 -0400

On Monday 18 October 2004 01:33 am, Rudolf wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am reading along with this interesting stuff, in order to see if I
> can get some idea of what's going on and how it all might work at some
> point..
> I have a remark to make about this locking/doublebuffering/ parallel
> drawing onscreen, that you probably should keep at the back of your
> head:
> (I hope one day I'll know what exactly the AccelerantDriver is and what
> BitmapDriver is: I am looking for normal driver parallels of course ;-)

Just a bit of quick information for now (my brain is too fried to tackle the
more involved parts of this email and you other email).  BitmapDriver and
AccelerantDriver are both subclasses of DisplayDriver.  DisplayDriver
provides a common drawing API which is independent of the drawing surface.
DisplayDriver holds the high level logic, and the subclasses are responsible
for implementing the functions which are draw basic primitives (types of
rectangles).  BitmapDriver is a DisplayDriver which draws to a BBitmap.
AccelerantDriver is a DisplayDriver which uses an accelerant to access the
graphics card.  There are several other subclasses which are used for testing
purposes and draw to things like a BView or BScreen.  It is now time to let
my brain finish oozing out of my ear.

Gabe