[haiku-appserver] drawing thread

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 16:09:06 +0300

Hi,

        I think it's time for a drawing thread inside app_server.
        ATM invalidating and drawing is done from almost every thread in
app_server. IMHO this is not that
good as we do need a lot of locking, and code flow is hard to follow.
        I propose we have methods like ::Invalidate, ::Redraw, which if
executed from another thread than
this drawing_thread, automatically send port messages for the requested action.

        In this thread I think it is better we also execute window manager's
code. This thread would wait
for input data (mouse events, keyboard events, invalidate_or_redraw_messages)
and
move/resize/hide/show windows by calling ::Invalidate and :: Redraw() methods.

        Comments, suggestions?

Thanks,