[haiku-appserver] Re: deadlock

  • From: Stefano Ceccherini <burton666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 7 Apr 2005 07:26:54 -0000

>       That's what I love about this team!!! When I get short >of ideas, or
>when I'm in trouble there is _always_ someone to come with a >nice
>solution! :-) Thanks JB.

Thanks but it is just what beos does, it isn't an original idea of mine :)

>       You are right, this solution is _much_ smoother than >what we currently
>have in the tree. This means, some things must be changed in
>BApplication so that when sending something to the server a
>_BAppServerLink_ object should be created instead of locking >the looper.

Actually, we already use BAppServerLink in BApplication and in the various
classes (BCursor, etc.) to handle communication.
So I think we have just to change a bit the implementation of BAppServerLink:
instead of locking be_app, it has to acquire its own (static) lock.
Does this sound right ? Am I missing something ? Stephan ? Darkwyrm ? Axel ? :)

>       Okay, who will handle this? :-)

I would but I'm not yet up to speed with the development, so I couldn't test
the changes (please bear with me for some more time).

Stefano Ceccherini aka Jack Burton
Scegli il tuo dominio preferito e attiva la tua email! Da oggi
l'eMail di superEva e' ancora piu' veloce e ricca di funzioni!
http://webmail.supereva.it/new/