[haiku-appserver] Re: clipping

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 19:06:40 +0100 CET

> > DrawBitmap(), the one which isn't actually implemented. In which
> > coordinate space is the clipreg member of PicturePlayer?
> > Do all drawing commands allways get the screen coordinate system?
> > What
> > about scaled and scrolled BViews, is that taken into account
> > already?
> > If so, where is the origin of the scale supposed to be then?
> All drawing commands get screen coordinates. Quite literally the idea
> is that the DisplayDriver does no coodinate conversion whatsoever --
> all that stuff is handled by the caller, better known as What You
> Call
> Is What You Get. :D

Ok, then the clipping region should be in screen space as well, or all
this makes no sense. Since some of the current drawing functions seem
to already handle clipping, like at least FillRect() and StrokeLine()
from what I'm seeing, I would assume that all is well. When I have
implemented the Painter version, I will test for scrolled and scaled
BViews, maybe all is good, maybe there will be problems.

P.S. While I'm working on this stuff, I try to keep everything
compiling and functioning. So hopefully my work means no hold up for
anybody else. When I start implementing the Painter DisplayDriver, I
will instatiate it by a compile time switch, so app_server keeps
working as it used to for the rest of the team. If you don't agree with
anything I'm doing, please say so. I'm just going ahead with some of
the stuff without prior asking, because it is so easy now with svn to
rename files/folders and move them arround. So please don't think I'm
messing deep in your hard work even though I just came to the team.