[haiku-appserver] clipping

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:11:57 +0100 CET

Hi,

while I'm still cleaning up and shuffling arround code, could someone
explain to me how clipping is supposed to work in app_server? The
clipping region is passed in the DrawData object, but what coordinate
space is this supposed to be in, screen space? Why is there a
DrawBitmap call, that takes an additional clipping region? It seems to
be the only DrawBitmap call in actual use (by ServerWindow), while the
other one has neither a DisplayDriver nor ViewDriver implementation
(but DirectDriver and BitmapDriver implement it, but those are not in
regular use, are they?). PicturePlayer uses the second form of
DrawBitmap(), the one which isn't actually implemented. In which
coordinate space is the clipreg member of PicturePlayer?
Do all drawing commands allways get the screen coordinate system? What
about scaled and scrolled BViews, is that taken into account already?
If so, where is the origin of the scale supposed to be then?