[haiku-appserver] Re: another drawing regression

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 16:43:19 +0200

Hi,

Axel Dörfler wrote:
Hi there,

something obviously caused another regression:

When you acknowledge a BAlert default button (for example as in Terminal's "about" window), the whole button is left on screen, and only the window is gone. This just looks a little bit odd.

anyone any idea?

Don't know what triggered this.
I have an idea from where to start, though. Make sure the right region is redrawn in RootLayer::RevealNewWMState().
There is a commented piece of code which may be of help:
/*
// for debugging
GetDrawingEngine()->ConstrainClippingRegion(&fDirtyForRedraw);
RGBColor c(rand()%255,rand()%255,rand()%255);
GetDrawingEngine()->FillRect(BRect(0,0,800,600), c);
snooze(2000000);
GetDrawingEngine()->ConstrainClippingRegion(NULL);
*/

Note this only draws for the redraw stage. If you want to see what's invalidated, change fDirtyForRedraw with fDirtyForRebuild.

        If all tests come out OK, then I don't know where to look next.

OK, Have a nice week-end! (I'll be gone for 2 days)