[haiku-appserver] Re: Working BViews

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DarkWyrm <bpmagic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 11:32:20 +0300

Hi all,

DarkWyrm wrote:
> I needed to ask you something -- what needs to be done to get BViews
> working? This is something I consider a bug and was wondering what is
> left to do. It's a milestone big enough to seriously change what some
> people think of the entire Haiku project for the better.

        I haven't worked on BView since late last year when I got a few things
working - dunno if they still work ATM - they appear to. :-D

        BView has a lot of methods to be rendered operational. The semantics
are there, the code is correctly written in 90% of cases. The problem is
that only 10% or so have support from app_server.

        I know you want to see this working but BView will still take some time
before it would be finished. Hell, if you ask me, the minute we finish
BView, we finish app_server and you know this can't be done too soon.

        This was/is next on my agenda, but you said we should
clean_up/resolve_bugs_in app_server, so this is what I am doing now.
        ATM I have rewritten Workspace class in a separate BeIDE project and I
have managed to have one, short, very nice written class. I will
continue to test it and foresee a CVS commit soon.
        After that I have to make some small changes to RootLayer and Desktop
class and this time I bet we'll have current behavior when selecting
windows with the mouse.

I know this doesn't sounds too good, but this is how it is. More work
needed. :-))