[haiku-appserver] Re: Transparent bitmap dragging

  • From: André Braga <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 13:04:05 -0300

2005/5/19, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>:
> Hi all,

Hey,

----- 8< -----
=20
> 2.) No HW acceleration is available during the dragging, but is
> unlikely to be needed. (That's unless you implement auto-scrolling in
> your applications drop target.)

I for one happen to rely on this behaviour all the time... =3DP

It was never really fast, though. Maybe the blending could be
calculated offscreen with SIMD extensions (and plain C++ fallback if
none are present), and then the resulting bitmap would be blitted to
the screen; hopefully that's not THAT sluggish (except on my Pentium
133).

Cheers,
Andr=E9

--=20
"A computer is like a violin. You can imagine a novice trying first a
phonograph and then a violin. The latter, he says, sounds terrible.
That is the argument we have heard from our humanists and most of our
computer scientists. Computer programs are good, they say, for
particular purposes, but they aren't flexible. Neither is a violin, or
a typewriter, until you learn how to use it." Marvin Minsky