[haiku-appserver] Re: Stroke/FillShape and pen pos

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:52:30 +0200

On 2006-03-27 at 17:28:46 [+0200], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > I just realized that R5 will offset any BShape by the current pen
> > position.
> > Our app_server implements this correcty, but I think it is complete
> > bogus
> > (I almost wrote "bullshit"). It makes the Iterview example run
> > correcty, I
> > know.... but I think it deserves to be fixed. Iterview simply relies
> > on
> > completely unexpected, undocumented and broken behaviour of the R5
> > app_server. Since Stroke/FillShape() are broken on R5 anyways (ever
> > tried
> > to use it with clipping?) and I don't know of any app that actually
> > uses it
> > except for the Iterview example, I suggest we remove this unexpected
> > behaviour. Any objections?
>
> Well, what about adding StrokeShape()/FillShape() versions that allow
> to offset the shape, then? (in principle I agree, I would just find
> such a static BShape almost useless)

Note that you can SetOrigin(), but ok, I completely agree to that. First I
thought we could also simply document Stroke/FillShape() to use the current
pen pos, but then I thought it was silly. You don't do MovePenTo(B_ORIGIN)
before any Stroke/FillRect() either... I will add those versions with
offset then.

BTW, how about adding "gradient" versions for all drawing routines? :-P