[haiku-appserver] Re: Some Bugs

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 14:06:33 +0200

On 2005-07-08 at 01:05:11 [+0200], Axel Dörfler wrote:

> BTW it didn't manage to shutdown Haiku even once this way

I have yet to test it under Haiku, which I'll do after I'm happy how it
works in the test environment. Until then I can't promise anything. :-)

> - it always
> says "shutting down other apps" or so. When I had a look with the team
> monitor, only the debug_server and the syslog_daemon looked
> dispensable. Killing either of them did not help the shutdown process
> (it hang after I killed the debug_server, but I chose syslog first :-
> )).
> OTOH, I would count the debug_server to the ones that shouldn't die.
> The syslog_daemon is a standard application, and should listen to a
> B_QUIT_REQUESTED.

At the moment the algorithm to determine what apps should not die is a bit
crude. The registrar and the app server (which isn't a BApplication anyway,
though could be one :-) are added manually and all apps that live in the
/boot/beos/system/servers subtree are added too. I suppose it would be
enough to make this a manually chosen set of apps only. Alternatively we
could introduce a new app flag B_DONT_QUIT_ON_SHUTDOWN.

CU, Ingo