[haiku-appserver] Re: Shared Memory Allocation

  • From: Adi Oanca <adi-oanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 18:22:26 +0300

Hi,

-------------

 > While shrinking an area is no problem, growing it usually is (using
 > resize_area()).
 > There is no guaranty that the address space after that area is still
 > available in which case the function will fail.

        I don't understand what you're saying here...
        Why resize_area() is not reliable? and why do you say the address space
might be unavailable - because resize_area() might fail? If that's the
case, we still can protect ourselfs.

        Please explain what you have against this solution.

Thanks,
Adi.