[haiku-appserver] Re: Refactoring

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:48:19 +0200 CEST

Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Stephan Aßmus wrote:
> > Second, I really love the idea to think of a Workspace as a
> > container for a
> > certain configuration of the physical screen(s). When multiple
> > independant
> > physical screens are supported, one Workspace will represent a
> > certain
> > setting of _all_ the screens.
>       Um, I think what I described in my previous mail is a bit clearer.
> If
> you put all that you said in Workspace, it will complicate code as
> Workspace code will be needed somewhere in the DisplayDriver to know
> where to draw lines and rects.

Actually, I am not sure if I understand or see the difference between
both descriptions?

[...]
> DW just released proto7. We did what we could on the server and I'm
> very
> glad we pulled this up. There were *a lot* of changes. We frequently
> changed the design to accommodate the needs for that particular
> moment.
> That's why there are a lot of friends in app_server classes. I know
> the
> time for a cleanup was near because ATM almost all requirements are
> known and app_server is at a point when it really does something
> useful.

Oh yes it is, finally! :-)

> > Everyone
> > having come to the team had this first impression. The code
> > containing so
> > many errors is just proof of it. Please, I don't mean to hurt
> > anyones
> > feelings.
>       No you don't. For me this is the first big project that I attend
> on. I
> learned *A LOT* during this time, and I know I have more to learn.
> Hack,
> I'm only 24, you and Axel are 28+, it's clear you guys know more. ;-)

Stephan, you're really that old already? :-))
But 24 really isn't that far away - I think I was around that age when
I joined this project... a long time ago.

BTW Adi, I'm sorry when I was too harsh with you a couple of mails ago
- I was just very annoyed by this "I need a test case" when I just gave
you one. I didn't want to hurt your feelings either, I just wanted to
make you think about the other side of things.

Bye,
   Axel.