[haiku-appserver] Re: Overlay support

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 13:27:40 +0200 CEST

"Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Theoretically, the app would need to acknowledge to the app_server
> that
> it stopped filling the overlay buffer. I also don't think that the
> BBitmap base pointer will be updated in that case, which would be
> just
> broken. I'll investigate into this a bit.

Thinking about this, this must be the LockBits() thing in BBitmap. You
must only access the overlay buffer when you hold the lock, and you
must refresh its pointer everytime you locked the buffer.
But that's probably not what most implementations do. Anyway, I'll
implement it like this, does that sound right to you? :-)

Bye,
   Axel.